– Schalke announced on Thursday that they have acquired midfielder Suat Serdar from Mainz. The German under-21 international has signed a four-year contract until 2022. Serdar, 20, is much-needed depth in central midfield as Schalke are set to lose Max Meyer and Leon Goretzka on free transfers.
– Werder Bremen have announced the signing of Yuya Osako. The 27-year-old Japanese attacker moves from relegated Cologne for an undisclosed fee, believed to be in the region of five million euros.
– Osako had six goals and three assists in all competitions for Cologne last season. He is the second big name to leave the relegated side in three days after Leonardo Bittencourt joined Hoffenheim.
– Hoffenheim are capitalizing on their direct Champions League qualification and getting some serious business done. Just 24 hours after signing Leonardo Bittencourt from Cologne, they’ve now completed a move for Algerian international Ishak Belfodil. The 26-year-old forward had been on loan at Werder Bremen from Standard Liège, and has signed a four-year contract.
“Ishak can up top, behind the striker or on the flanks, so he fits our profile perfectly,” said sporting director Alexander Rosen. “He is a dangerous forward who is physically and technically strong and who also has great pace.
Belfodil recorded six goals and an assist in 29 competitive appearances for Bremen this season, having scored 17 goals in 40 games for Liège.
– Stuttgart bolstered their defense on Monday, announcing the signings of Marc-Oliver Kempf, Pablo Maffeo and Borna Sosa. Maffeo, who arrives from English league champion Manchester City, signed a five-year contract. As did Sosa, who currently plays for Croatian side Dynamo Zagreb. Kempf, whose contract with Freiburg expires in June, inked a four-year deal.
The German side, who could participate in the Europa League next season, also added midfielders David Kopasz from Borussia Dortmund and Robert Massimo from Arminia Bielefeld, though Massimo will return to Bielefeld on loan. The club also extended the contracts of defender Emiliano Insua and backup goalkeeper Jens Grahl.
– Hoffenheim announced on Monday that they have signed Cologne winger Leonardo Bittencourt. The 24-year-old German has signed a five-year contract with the club. Bittencourt registered five goals and six assists this past season for Cologne, who were relegated to the second division.
– After playing seven and a half seasons with Werder Bremen, midfielder Zlatko Junuzovic will play for Red Bull Salzburg next season. The 30-year-old, whose deal with Bremen expires at the end of June, has signed a three-year deal with the Austrian champions. Junuzovic made 198 appearances for Bremen and scored 54 goals.
– The Robbery era continues. Arjen Robben has signed a one-year contract extension with Bayern Munich after Franck Ribery did the same four days ago. The Dutch winger is about to complete his ninth season with the Bavarians but is currently recovering from a groin injury. Rafinha has also extended with the Bundesliga champions for another season.
– Bayer Leverkusen have acquired Mitchell Weiser from Hertha Berlin, activating a €12 million ($14.4 million) buyout clause in his contract. The 24-year-old defender won the under-21 European Championship with Germany in 2017 and made 31 appearances for Hertha this past season. Weiser has signed a five-year deal with Leverkusen.