A smoky, spicy, satisfying plant-based sandwich?! Rely us in! This fast and straightforward sandwich is bursting with taste (plus protein and fiber) due to spicy chipotle hummus, smoky tempeh bacon, and tons of contemporary veggies.
It’s ideally suited for meal prep or any time you’re craving one thing savory and comforting and seeking to keep full and happy! Simply 7 components and quarter-hour required. Allow us to present you the way it’s performed!
What’s In This Sandwich?
Consider this sandwich sort of like a vegan BLT, however elevated with spicy chipotle hummus and further veggies.
- Chipotle Hummus – spicy, smoky, and excellent for spreading in your favourite bread
- Tempeh Bacon – a smoky, tremendous satisfying plant-based different to bacon that’s constituted of protein-packed, fiber-rich soybeans!
- Cucumber – crisp, crunchy, hydrating, and a superb supply of vitamin C, vitamin Ok, potassium, and extra
- Alfalfa Sprouts – contemporary, crisp, and the proper sandwich companion (and one way or the other higher than lettuce — you’ll see if you strive it)
- Tomato – candy, juicy, and stuffed with vitamin C and antioxidants
- Avocado – wealthy, creamy, and an ideal supply of wholesome fat to maintain you feeling full
Prep your components, and let’s assemble this factor!
We hope you LOVE this hummus and tempeh sandwich! It’s:
Fast & simple
& SO scrumptious!
It’s a filling meal by itself however would even be scrumptious served with a salad, chips, or sliced veggies. You may make the tempeh bacon and chipotle hummus prematurely (or use store-bought) for easy, flavorful lunches (or dinners) all week lengthy.
Extra Vegan Sandwich Recipes
Should you do this recipe, tell us! Depart a remark, price it, and don’t overlook to tag a photograph @minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, mates!
Servings 1 (Sandwich)
- 3-4 Tbsp chipotle hummus (or sub store-bought)
- 3 slices tempeh bacon (or sub store-bought reminiscent of Lightlife)
- 2 slices sandwich bread of alternative (discover our gluten-free bread recipe here)
- 6 slices contemporary cucumber
- 1-2 slices contemporary tomato
- 3 slices ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup alfalfa sprouts (or sub greens of alternative)
If utilizing homemade chipotle hummus and tempeh bacon, put together them first. They are often made as much as 3-4 days prematurely. In any other case, use store-bought tempeh bacon and prepare dinner in response to package deal directions.
Toast bread (if desired) and slice the sandwich toppings (cucumber, tomato, avocado).
Assemble sandwich by spreading chipotle hummus on one slice of bread, then layer (on this order) cucumber, tempeh bacon, sprouts, tomato, avocado, and remaining slice of bread. Get pleasure from!
Finest when contemporary, however the hummus and tempeh bacon will hold saved individually for 3-4 days if you wish to prep them forward and assemble sandwiches when prepared for fast weekday lunches!
*Prep time and prepare dinner time assume utilizing store-bought hummus and tempeh bacon and heating the tempeh bacon on the stovetop.
*Vitamin info is a tough estimate calculated with Dave’s Killer Bread 21 Complete Grain Bread and with home made hummus and tempeh bacon.
Serving: 1 sandwich Energy: 560 Carbohydrates: 69.2 g Protein: 25.5 g Fats: 24.9 g Saturated Fats: 3.2 g Polyunsaturated Fats: 8.9 g Monounsaturated Fats: 10.1 g Trans Fats: 0 g Ldl cholesterol: 0 mg Sodium: 1185 mg Potassium: 700 mg Fiber: 19.7 g Sugar: 18.2 g Vitamin A: 567 IU Vitamin C: 8 mg Calcium: 80 mg Iron: 4.9 mg